[WSBAPT] Getting deceased husband off the deed

Christopher Small chris at cmslawfirm.com
Tue Jul 19 14:20:46 PDT 2016

Have a question to what is likely a common problem, I just haven't dealt
with it yet.

Husband and wife own property. Husband dies with no will and no other
assets.

Years later wife is trying to transfer property to son and county won't
allow it because husband is still on the deed.

I'm getting a copy of the deed to make sure the property wasn't held in an
unusual way, but assuming the property was held jointly as it normally is
in the state, any ideas on how to get husband off the title?

Thank you for your help.

Cheers,

Christopher Small
CMS Law Firm LLC <http://cmslawfirm.com>