[WSBAPT] Partial Sale & Partial Inheritance of Real Property

Mike Winslow mike at winslegal.com
Mon Jul 18 14:27:15 PDT 2016

Instead of going to the trouble of "explaining things" to the Treasurer, you
could just do a distribution deed for the fractional share of the ownership
that is exempt as inheritance and cite the WAC exemption for inheritance on
the REETA. Then sell the remaining fractional interest under typical
purchase and sale agreement, with a PR's Deed and REETA for an arms-length
sale. With the Skagit Treasurer, this approach would involve less 'splainin.

We did that in an estate where sis wanted to buy out bro, needed to finance
the purchase of the additional interest and needed some conventional
transaction docs for the lender to process.
Worked like  charm...

Michael A. Winslow
1204 Cleveland Ave.
Mount Vernon, WA 98273
Ph. 360-336-3321
Em. Mike at winslegal.com

This message is from an attorney, so it's confidential. If you are not the
intended recipient, it's too late to stop reading this message, but you may
not use it for any improper purpose. Huge Disclaimer available upon request.