[WSBAPT] Permit vs title

Jennifer Sohn jennifer at sohn-law.com
Thu Jul 14 12:56:38 PDT 2016

My client was under a purchase agreement to purchase a lot, and his contractor (who will also have ownership in the property) obtained various permits to build an apartment complex. He is a couple of days away from closing, and he needs to have the property owned by multiple people.

Does it matter that the permits were issued to one person but the property is owned by a different person (or persons)? Is it complicated to assign or transfer the permits? I thought builders very frequently get permits first then sell the real property with the permitted plans.

Thanks,

Jennifer