[WSBAPT] Probate: Removing family member from deceased's home - Unlawful Detainer or Ejectment?

Sandra Bates Gay sgay at sbglaw-wa.com
Wed Jan 27 17:06:03 PST 2016

David, I took the same approach as Doug in a probate action in 2013, based
on tenancy by sufferance, and when I went in for the Order to Show Cause,
Judge Andrus was sitting in ex parte and did not hesitate to enter an Order
to Show Cause for a Writ of Restitution.  She was still on the bench when I
went in for the show cause hearing, the individual did not appear, and she
issued a writ of restitution.  The family member finally vacated after the
sheriff visited and said, “you have 2 hours.”

Sandi Gay

SANDRA BATES GAY, P.S.

Attorney at Law

23515 NE Novelty Hill Rd.

Suite B211-397

Redmond, WA  98053-1996

Phone:             (425) 637-3040

Fax:                 (425) 952-0156

E-mail:              <mailto:sgay at sbglaw-wa.com> sgay at sbglaw-wa.com

NOTE:  Our office has moved to a new location.  Please note our permanent
change in address and update your records accordingly.  Mail will not be
forwarded from my prior address after February 17, 2015.

Also Note:  This office does not accept service of pleadings or process
service by e-mail or fax except with the express prior permission of the
intended recipient.  The information contained in this e-mail, including
attachments, is covered by the Electronic Communication Privacy Act, 18 USC
Sec. 2510-2521; is confidential; and may also be subject to the
attorney-client privilege.  The information is intended only for the use of
the individual or entity to whom it is addressed.  If you are not the
intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering the
transmitted document(s) to the intended recipient, you are hereby notifed
that any use, dissimilation, distribution or copying of the communication is
strictly prohibited.