[WSBAPT] Name of Trust

Jane Bitz jbitz at whc-attorneys.com
Tue Jan 5 16:38:17 PST 2016

Is that the “In God We Trust Revocable Living Trust dated ___________” ? Would the IRS “disregard” this Trust for income tax purposes?

From: wsbapt-bounces at lists.wsbarppt.com [mailto:wsbapt-bounces at lists.wsbarppt.com] On Behalf Of Marketa Vorel
Sent: Tuesday, January 05, 2016 2:23 PM
To: WSBA Probate & Trust Listserv
Subject: [WSBAPT] Name of Trust

Dear listmates,

is anyone aware of any restrictions on the names for Washington RLTs?  Clients wish to name their RLT "In God We Trust."  Not a name I would chose, but they are insistent.  I cannot find any authority that would bar this.  Any thoughts?

Thank you.

     Markéta Vorel

     Vorel Law
     206.799.0541
     marketa.vorel at gmail.com<mailto:marketa.vorel at gmail.com>
     www.vorellaw.com<http://www.vorellaw.com>
     1520 K Avenue || Anacortes, WA  98221

This e-mail is intended to be private.  It may contain privileged or confidential information.  If you are not a person for whom the e-mail was intended, please notify sender immediately and then permanently delete the e-mail, including any attachments, without copying or forwarding it.