[WSBAPT] King County - creating joint probate when one probate already started

Maureen Wickert wickertlaw at comcast.net
Wed Feb 17 14:26:39 PST 2016

Eric,

I have done so with a H&W who died 6 months of each other. H's probate was already opened and W died later. I petitioned the court under the open court case number for instructions and an order to consolidate the administration of the two estates. I noted within the petition for instructions the CP nature of all assets between the H&W, solvency, no step children, all children were biological, and H&W's estates would flow to their children through the intestacy statue so there were no conflicts between heirs. Included some language about consolidating estates eased estate administration over joint ownership of assets. I also asked the court to direct clerk to change the caption, which was approved despite the grumbling of the clerk. You may want to note within your petition why you need to consolidate the estates for example a real estate matter at hand.

Very truly yours,
Maureen A. Wickert, Attorney at Law

WICKERT LAW OFFICE

14900 Interurban Avenue South, Ste 255
Tukwila, WA 98168
Phone: 206-859-5502
Fax: 206-260-9005
www.wickertlawoffice.com
wickertlaw at comcast.net

This electronic message contains information which may be confidential and/or legally privileged. The information is intended for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this transmission is prohibited. If you have received this electronic transmission in error, please notify me by telephone or by email immediately.