[WSBAPT] Removal of name from title

Jim Doran jim at doranlegal.com
Thu Feb 11 10:33:48 PST 2016

My client had a girlfriend whose name was put on the Deed of Trust and
Promissory Note as an individual and unmarried person in 2005.  The
girlfriend never paid anything on the Note and moved to England in 2009.
My client is in the process of modifying his loan with PennyMac, Inc.  In
order to complete the modification we have to have the girlfriend sign off
or get her name removed from the documents by some sort of Quit Claim Deed
or Court order.

The problem is that we cannot find the girlfriend.

What is the action that I bring to remove her name from the title?  Is it a
quiet title action just as to her?  Is there any other way that I should
consider? I presume I could get service by publication.

Any suggestions on how to do this would be very much appreciated.

Thank you.

James R. Doran
Attorney at Law
100 E. Pine Street -  Suite 205