[WSBAPT] Separate Real Property Commingled?

G. Geoffrey Gibbs ggibbs at andersonhunterlaw.com
Fri Dec 30 14:11:48 PST 2016

Others may weigh in but I see some issues or questions.

  1.  How is the property titled ?
  2.  Who is obligated on the “note” (H, W or both) ?
  3.  The payment of the mortgage from community funds may well raise at least an equitable lien on behalf of the marital community on the property even if the property is characterized as “separate” because of the date of acquisition.
  4.  A title company is not likely to clear the title at the time of sale without the matter going through probate.
  5.  Most importantly, who do you represent ?  Wife or son ?  I do not believe you can represent the interests of both.
Happy New Year to you and my other colleagues reading this.
G3

G. Geoffrey Gibbs | Anderson Hunter Law Firm
2707 Colby Avenue | Everett, WA  98201
Phone: (425) 252-5161 | Fax: (425) 258-3345
ggibbs at andersonhunterlaw.com<mailto:ggibbs at andersonhunterlaw.com> / www.andersonhunterlaw.com<http://www.andersonhunterlaw.com/>
This email message may contain confidential and privileged information.  Any unauthorized use is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.