[WSBAPT] Access to decedent's safe deposit box

Eric Nelsen Eric at sayrelawoffices.com
Mon Dec 19 15:19:43 PST 2016

On the sd box, I don't have an answer for you, sorry.

On residence/domicile - I'd say he is domiciled in Washington, residing in Oregon:  "'Residence' indicates where a person lives while 'domicile' signifies the place where a person intends a fixed and permanent home." In Re Estate of Tolson, 89 Wn.App. 21, 36, 947 P.2d 1242 (1997). Typically the "primary" probate is opened in the state of domicile.

Sincerely,

Eric

Eric C. Nelsen
SAYRE LAW OFFICES, PLLC
1417 31st Ave South
Seattle WA  98144-3909
phone 206-625-0092
fax 206-625-9040

Please Note that We Have Moved. We have moved our Seattle office to Mount Baker Ridge (a small commercial community just above the I-90 tunnel). Our new address is 1417 31st Avenue South, Seattle WA 98144. All other contact information remains the same.