[WSBAPT] Ownership of home In LLC?

John Creahan john at cairn-law.com
Thu Dec 8 12:21:46 PST 2016

Do you have a citation regarding the charging order?
I have not focused on this issue, but, as Heather said, I don’t see how transferring the house to an LLC would provide any protection against debts incurred by his sole-proprietor business.
I would strongly recommend that he transfer the business operations to one or more business entities (an LLC or corporation) for a number of reasons, including potentially limiting his exposure to business debts.
My $.02.
John

John Creahan
john at cairn-law.com<mailto:john at cairn-law.com>