[WSBAPT] POA services paid?

John Creahan john at cairn-law.com
Thu Dec 1 15:32:44 PST 2016

I always include language allowing the AIF to be compensated. The new UPOA includes such a provision by default: "Unless the power of attorney otherwise provides, an agent is entitled to reimbursement of expenses reasonably incurred on behalf of the principal and to reasonable compensation." (RCW 11.125.120, effective January 1, 2017)

John Creahan
206-621-5848
www.cairn-law.com