[WSBAPT] IRA to Beneficiaries of a Descendant's Trust (Beneficiary Language for Plan Administrator)

Derek Jensen derek at jensenestatelaw.com
Tue Aug 23 13:22:57 PDT 2016

David,

Natalie Choate has a whole host of beneficiary designation forms (one of which may meet your needs) and related discussions in her book. You can know subscribe to a digital version of her book, “Life and Death Planning for Retirement Benefits” for $9/ month on a month to month basis from her web site https://www.ataxplan.com/.

Also, since so many income bad tax results can happen with a distribution plan like you have described, be aware of the accumulation trust issues for naming the trust as a designated beneficiary. It would be terrible to get stuck with a 5 year distribution requirement and a tax rate of 39.6% on everything over $12,000 or so a year.

Sincerely,

Derek W. Jensen, JD, LLM
Managing Attorney

[New Logo.tif]