[WSBAPT] When is a special assessment deemed "levied by a Condominium Association?"

Eric Reutter hobbes8813 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 23 12:06:01 PDT 2016

Greetings everyone,

I would be eternally grateful for some insight on a legal issue I have
encountered. The issue has to do with the very first page of the NWMLS
Purchase and Sale Agreement, which contains a box stating that Seller is to
pay in full by closing "Charges/assessments levied before, but due after
Closing."

My question deals with a Condominium Board's special assessment: at what
point is the Board deemed to have "levied" its assessment? When the
assessment has been officially approved by the Board? When the assessment
is actually due? Or some other point?

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. The Condo Association bylaws do
not provide any clarification on this matter.

Best regards,

-Eric Reutter, J.D., LLM.