[WSBAPT] Probating a foreign Will

Heather deVrieze heatherd at westseattlelaw.com
Wed Apr 27 08:53:34 PDT 2016

I’ll go out on a limb here and point out that I think there needs to be some nexus with Washington State although. . .
 RCW 11.96A.040 says:
(1) The superior court of every county has original subject matter jurisdiction over the probate of wills and the administration of estates of incapacitated, missing, and deceased individuals in all instances, including without limitation:
(a) When a resident of the state dies;
(b) When a nonresident of the state dies in the state; or
(c) When a nonresident of the state dies outside the state.

So. . . might be worth a try. However, I’d caution that PA taxes might be owed in any case, and PA banks might not accept WA letters.

Heather

Heather S. de Vrieze
Attorney-at-Law
[cid:image001.jpg at 01D013C2.30F35160]
3909 California Avenue SW
Seattle, WA 98116-3705
(206)938-5500
heatherd at westseattlelaw.com<mailto:heatherd at westseattlelaw.com>
www.westseattlelaw.com<http://www.westseattlelaw.com/>

Click here to connect with de Vrieze | Carney on Facebook:   [FB Logo] <https://www.facebook.com/DeVriezeCarney>

CONFIDENTIAL & PRIVILEGED. This e-mail message may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies of this e-mail message and any attachment.