[WSBAPT] Family Support Award of house with negative equity

Rob Wilson-Hoss rob at hctc.com
Fri Apr 22 09:28:01 PDT 2016

Yes, that is an excellent point, and it is what the statute seems to say,
but this is one of those things that some commissioners/judges care about,
and some clearly don't. It may be because probate and disso calendars are
often combined so they are used to disso awards that go on past the end of
the case, for child support and maintenance. The limitation to the period of
the probate has never been a factor here, in my cases, and if it were, I
would be tempted to find a legitimate way to draw the proceedings out for
long enough to get the result needed. For example, with a house, you can
take several forevers trying to work with a bank towards a short sale.

Rob

Robert D. Wilson-Hoss
Hoss & Wilson-Hoss, LLP
236 West Birch Street
Shelton, WA 98584
360 426-2999

www.hossandwilson-hoss.com
rob at hctc.com

This message is intended solely for the use of the addressee and may contain
information that is privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure
under applicable law.  If you are not the addressee, you are hereby notified
that any use, distribution, or copying of this message is strictly
prohibited.  If you received this message in error, please notify us by
reply e-mail or by telephone (call us collect at the number listed above)
and immediately delete this message and any and all of its attachments.
Thank you.

This office does debt collection and this e-mail may be an attempt to
collect a debt, Any information obtained will be used for that purpose.  To
the extent the Federal Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (15 U.S.C. § 1692)
applies this firm is acting as a debt collector for the
condominium/homeowners' association named above to collect a debt owed to
it. Any information obtained will be used for collection purposes. You have
the right to seek advice of legal counsel.