[WSBAPT] Obtaining Original will for probate in China

Karl Flaccus Karl at flaccuslaw.com
Mon Apr 18 16:30:08 PDT 2016

Client’s husband died.  There is no need for a probate in Washington.  Client wants to take the original will to China where there is money in a bank.  However, client does not want to hand over the original will in China, as she may never see it again.  If we file the will in Seattle, the best we can get is a certified copy of the will.  If we do a probate in Seattle, we can get a certificated will to take to China.  In either of those cases, can we get the court to return to us the original will so my client can take it to China?

Thanks.

Karl Flaccus