[WSBAPT] POA question

Marcus Fry mfry at lyon-law.com
Thu Apr 7 09:33:59 PDT 2016

I wouldn’t bother with TEDRA.  RCW 11.94 has a mechanism and so do the new POA Act to obtain court approval of the proposed act.  I would definitely get court approval unless the POA has an alternate POA, then the current POA could decline to act with regard to the particular transaction, i.e., negotiation and execution of room and board agreement, and the alternate POA could sign the agreement.

Marcus J. Fry
Lyon, Weigand & Gustafson, P.S.
Adoption Attorney*
P.O. Box 1689
Yakima, Washington  98907
Telephone:  (509) 248-7220
Facsimile:  (509) 575-1883

NOTICES:
 *Adoption Attorney reflects election as a Fellow of the American Academy of Adoption Attorneys, an invitation based organization of 300+ attorneys nationwide, under its criteria of experience, ethics and peer recommendation. Washington's Supreme Court has not yet developed or recognized a credentialing process for specialties, and certification/fellowship is not required to practice law in this state.