[WSBAPT] Community property agreement

Katharine P. Bauer kpb at bpblegal.com
Sat Apr 2 18:05:23 PDT 2016

i don't believe the Washington CPA/ASP will work in Arizona.  While Arizona
has "community property with right of survivorship" it has to be on the
title...unless something has changed :)

On Sat, Apr 2, 2016 at 3:43 PM, Jay DeMers <jay.demerslawfirm at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Yes.  Jay
>
> On Sat, Apr 2, 2016 at 4:27 PM, Lisa Schuchman <lisa at lisaschuchman.com>
> wrote:
>
>> I am working with a married couple who own real estate in AZ, which is
>> also a community property state.  If they do a community property agreement
>> here, will it have the same effect as to their AZ real estate?  In other
>> words, can they avoid the ancillary probate?
>>

>> Thanks.
>>

>> Lisa E. Schuchman
>> 206-325-2801
>> www.lisaschuchman.com
>>
>> Do something for somebody every day for which you do not get paid.
>> –Albert Schweitzer
>>

>> NOTE: I do not use encrypted email.  Messages sent to or from my office
>> via email are not secure and may not be protected by attorney-client
>> privilege. This email address is not monitored at all times.  If your
>> matter is urgent, please phone my office during regular business hours.
>>

>> Any tax advice included in this document and its attachments was not
>> intended or written to be used, and it cannot be used, for the purpose of
>> avoiding penalties under the Internal Revenue Code.
>>
>> P  *Please consider the trees before printing this document*

Katharine P. Bauer
Katharine P. Bauer
*Bauer Pitman Snyder Huff*
*Lifetime Legal, PLLC*
1235 Fourth Ave. East, Suite 200
Olympia, Washington 98501
tel. 360.754.1976
fax. 360.943.4427

e-mail: kpb at lifetime.legal <kpb at bpblegal.com>

This message is confidential and may be protected by the attorney-client
privilege; it is intended solely for the use of the individual named above.
If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby advised that any
notify the sender by telephone or e-mail, delete this message from your
files, and return any printed copies to the sender by U.S. mail. Circular
230 Disclosure: Any tax advice contained in this communication (including
any attachments) is not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used,
for the purpose of (i) avoiding penalties that may be imposed under the
Internal Revenue Code or (ii) promoting, marketing or recommending to
another party any transaction, arrangement, or other matter