[WSBAPT] convicted felon as trustee

Mike Winslow mike at winslegal.com
Wed Sep 23 14:02:39 PDT 2015

Have a client that would like to appoint a party who is a convicted felon as
his alternate trustee under an RLT and alternate AIF under a power of
attorney.
A quick search via WestLaw Next does not disclose any statutory restrictions
on felons in Title 11, other than the rules about not serving as PR.

Is there any other restriction lurking out there in some other part of the
state law?

BTW; The party in mind to serve in these alternate roles was convicted of
Federal tax evasion many years ago. It was part of fall out of business
dealings by other family members. I have known the party for years and have
no concerns about their integrity, would trust them with my personal
finances without question.

Michael A. Winslow
1204 Cleveland Ave.
Mount Vernon, WA 98273
Ph. 360-336-3321
Em. Mike at winslegal.com

This message is from an attorney, so it's confidential. If you are not the
intended recipient, it's too late to stop reading this message, but you may
not use it for any improper purpose. Huge Disclaimer available upon request.