[WSBAPT] Probate/Non-Probate Notice to Creditors

Jacob Menashe jacob at hickmanmenashe.com
Fri Sep 11 09:15:42 PDT 2015

I am considering a situation where a person has died, and everything is in the person's living trust. The living trust has co-trustees - with one being a professional. Query: Can we commence a probate, even for an asset-less estate, so the PR can file and publish a probate notice to creditors (which covers, I know, probate and non-probate assets)? The reason for doing this would be because the professional co-trustee, for whatever reason, may be balking at using the non-probate notice to creditors process. Alternatively, I wonder if the sole trustee may be able to file and publish the non-probate notice on its own - especially if the professional co-trustee so delegates or requests? Any thoughts on this? Things to look at for? Am I making this harder than it should be?

Thanks much,

Jacob Menashe

Jacob H. Menashe
Hickman Menashe, PS