[WSBAPT] TOD Deed Recording Procedure?

Erin Fairley efairley at advocateslg.com
Mon Nov 30 12:29:01 PST 2015

Hi All,

I’ve prepared my first TOD Deed.  When recording, do I also need completed Real Estate Excise Tax Affidavit?   This language is on the deed:

The recording of this Revocable Transfer on Death Deed is not a “sale” as defined in RCW 82.45.010(1) and is therefore not subject to real estate excise tax.  The transfer that will occur under this Revocable Transfer on Death Deed at the time of the grantor’s death is exempt from the Washington Real Estate Excise Tax by reason of RCW 82.45.010(3)(b) and WAC 458-61A-202(7).

What forms are necessary to present at the Recorder’s office?

Thank you,
Erin

121 Lakeside Avenue, Suite 108
Seattle, WA 98122
mailto:efairley at advocateslg.com
Phone: (206)-535-7929; Cell:  (206) 353-4625
http://www.advocateslg.com<http://www.advocateslg.com/>

[cid:324730D6-356C-4CBF-89F4-A47D32C49E69]

The information contained in this e-mail message may be privileged, confidential and protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, distribution or copying of this e-mail message or any attachment to it is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail message in error, please notify the sender via e-mail or telephone at (206)353-4625, do not read the contents and delete the original message from your electronic files. No waiver of the attorney-client privilege or the work product privilege is intended if this e-mail is sent to an unintended or an unauthorized recipient.