[WSBAPT] Declaration of death

Marcia Mellinger macmell at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 5 13:15:24 PST 2015

Dear Lovie,  I have had 2 clients disappear over the years, and there was nothing we could do for (can't remember if it was 5 or 7 years).  Statute allows that declaration only after many years when I looked several years ago.  Best, Marcia
PS I believe that there are temporary steps that can be taken in the meantime (see statute), but an actual declaration of death takes years of waiting.