[WSBAPT] Getting rid of tenant

Dewey Weddle dwweddle at msn.com
Fri May 29 14:27:39 PDT 2015

Esteemed colleagues,

Personal representative of estate has permitted a relative to live rent free in a house owned by the estate for over a year.  No rental agreement, no lease, and she has never paid a dime in rent.  In the waning days of last month I sent her a letter telling her that she needed to be out of the house by June 1, 2015 because the house needs to be either rented or sold.

Of course, no good deed goes unpunished, because now she is refusing to move out.  I certainly am not a landlord/tenant expert, but my undertanding she is a "tenant at will," and the PR can oust her with a demand that she vacate.  I know she will ignore the demand.  Is unlawfual detainer the remedy?  She needs to be out of there as quickly as possible.

Any guidance and/or forms would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards, Dewey Law Office of Dewey W. Weddle, PLLC
909 7th Street
Anacortes,   WA  98221 Telephone    360-293-3600
Fax          360-293-3700