[WSBAPT] Copies of Documents

Rhonda Rudman rhondarudman at comcast.net
Wed May 27 12:04:21 PDT 2015

I have attached a copy of the CPA to a generic Lack of Probate
Affidavit.  In the Lack of Probate Affidavit I state that the original
of the Community Property Agreement has been lost/misplaced or was
inadvertently destroyed or the drafting attorney is deceased and his
files cannot be located or whatever seems to be the situation.  I then
say that a copy of the CPA is attached hereto as Exhibit A.   The Lack
of Probate Affidavit is signed by the surviving spouse and notarized the
same way a CPA or deed is notarized.
In most of my cases these were single long term marriages with kids by
the same marriage.  Also, all of the liquid assets were JTWROS or had
beneficiary designations so the house, which is usually community
property anyway, was the only asset passing under the CPA.
So far I have never had a title company fail to insure based on the Lack
of Probate Affidavit with a copy of the CPA attached and a separately
recorded death certificate.

Rhonda Lee Rudman
Attorney at Law
17791 Fjord Drive NE, Suite 134