[WSBAPT] probate question - single spouse on mortgage

Paul H. Grant paulnnepa at gmail.com
Sun May 24 22:26:52 PDT 2015

If I remember correctly, which is always dangerous, the Garn-St Germain was not a retro-active statute and applies to 2004 (maybe 2003?) forward so the loan inception date could be relevant.  Reviewing the mortgage docs is always advisable.

But I agree that most mortgagors will not pull the trigger on the due-on-sale clause of payments continue, specifically if it is a larger institution.

I would be interested in knowing if anyone has been able to get an institution to reassign the Social Security number for the interest payments to reflect the beneficiary.

Sent from my iPhone ~ Paul H. Grant