[WSBAPT] Blended Families & Wills

Robert R. Cole cole-gilday at stanwoodlaw.net
Thu May 21 10:25:36 PDT 2015

I find many of my clients do not want to tie the hands of the survivor
such as a trust would.  I discuss with them the various options, and
many choose the contract.  Mine allows the survivor to keep the existing
will (which splits between the two families) or, if it is changed,
provides for the decedent's family a "minimum bequest amount" based upon
a formula, with the amount computed upon the first death.  There
obviously needs to be trust involved, but there is also third-party
beneficiary language.

Very Truly Yours,

Robert R. Cole

Law Office of Cole & Gilday, P.C.

10101 - 270th St. NW

P.O. Box 249

Stanwood, WA 98292

(360) 629-2900 (Telephone)

(360) 629-0220 (Fax)

This message contains confidential and privileged information that is
intended only for the named recipient(s).Unless you are the named
recipient or authorized agent thereof, you are prohibited from reading,
copying, distributing or otherwise disseminating such information.If you
receive this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately.