[WSBAPT] Due diligence to find heirs in lost Will scenario

Eric Nelsen Eric at sayrelawoffices.com
Wed May 20 09:33:15 PDT 2015

Will was not intentionally destroyed because we can demonstrate, after the Will was executed and up through the last month of decedent's life, a regular pattern of donative gifts to the same charities as are named in the Will. There are a few other circumstantial points but that's the main argument: Decedent maintained same beneficial intent consistently after the Will was executed.

Virtual representation of the brothers by the sister who gets notice might work under RCW 11.96A.120(5)<http://app.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=11.96A.120>, but only if the brothers' locations are unknown and "not reasonably ascertainable," which gets me back to the same problem--whether I've done enough to locate them.

A few people have replied offline with some search options; I may just do a bit more digging.

Sincerely,

Eric

Eric C. Nelsen
SAYRE LAW OFFICES, PLLC