[WSBAPT] Community Challenge to distribution of non-probate assets re significant CDs

Katharine P. Bauer kpb at bpblegal.com
Thu May 7 10:05:04 PDT 2015

Take the funds but don't spend them. Control is good fit your client.
Investigate what is community or separate, reach agreement as to who gets
what; put mom's share in 3rd party snt if possible... Recognize, though,
she may be entitled to own some of it outright and may need gal to protect
her interests.  Is son POA for her?  Remember, Dad can give his half of CP
or all SP where he wants...