[WSBAPT] WA TEFRA Lien filed against real property in guardianship proceeding

David Kazemba david at davittlaw.com
Wed May 6 15:50:29 PDT 2015

Listmates:

Has anyone had success in getting Washington State to back off after filing
a TEFRA liens against real property?  Guardianship estate, and DSHS filed a
TEFRA lien against real property.  42 USC Sec. 1396p and RCW 43.20B.080
both call for procedural due process before imposing the lien (or else it’s
a taking…).  The guardian didn’t know about this and the I imagine the
notice of lien was sent to the incapacitated person.

This seems so wrong to me, any suggestions?

All guidance is appreciated.

Best,

David

David Kazemba
Davitt Law Group, PLLC
330 King Street Suite 4
Wenatchee, WA 98801
(509) 888-2925 - tel.
(509) 888-2926 -fax
david at davittlaw.com
www.davittlaw.com

Privileged or confidential information may be contained in this message. If
you are not the intended recipient, you may not copy or communicate this
message to anyone.  If you received this message in error, please destroy
this message and notify the sender by reply email.