[WSBAPT] SNT and IRAs

Katharine P. Bauer kpb at bpblegal.com
Wed May 6 11:03:17 PDT 2015

Lots of issues here, including IRA passing to trust where taxes are heavy.
Might consider a disclaimer of a "value" and use pick and choose to fund
the trust with assets other than the IRA.  Lots of questions here as to
what is going on and what you could/should be doing.  If husband is capable
of acting as PR, hope he isn't named as trustee.  Why the SNT, look at
intent...

Katharine P. Bauer
Bauer Pitman Lifetime Legal, PLLC
1235 Fourth Ave. East, Suite 200
Olympia, Washington 98501
tel. 360.754.1976
fax. 360.943.4427

 e-mail: kpb at bpblegal.com

 This message is confidential and may be protected by the attorney-client
privilege; it is intended solely for the use of the individual named above.
If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby advised that any
notify the sender by telephone or e-mail, delete this message from your
files, and return any printed copies to the sender by U.S. mail. Circular
230 Disclosure: Any tax advice contained in this communication (including
any attachments) is not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used,
for the purpose of (i) avoiding penalties that may be imposed under the
Internal Revenue Code or (ii) promoting, marketing or recommending to
another party any transaction, arrangement, or other matter