[WSBAPT] Re-post: Question RE: Request for Special Notice

Eric Nelsen Eric at sayrelawoffices.com
Fri May 1 14:50:41 PDT 2015

I lean more toward Tom's opinion, that the 10 days is to give time for the objector to file a motion with the court.

I think in an abundance of caution, many who represent PRs who receive a written objection take the proactive step of filing a motion for approval, but I don't think that's required.

I am perhaps a bit less cautious. I think the PR can still take the action even if an objection is filed, subject to the possibility of later review of the act by the court. The statute literally says only that in the absence of an objection, the intended act won't be "final and conclusive." So PR is free to do it still, if s/he has NPs. An objection is not an actual restriction on the PR's powers.

Sincerely,

Eric

Eric C. Nelsen
SAYRE LAW OFFICES, PLLC