[WSBAPT] << Rules of Thumb as to "THE" 2 Witnesses >>

jeffrey winter jdwinter at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 19 09:45:20 PDT 2015

Heather,
You may be right.  I suppose I overstated the issue --  I can certainly see circumstances in which, as drafter, one would be called as a witness (such as where the issue may relate to why the Will was drafted in a particular manner).  I also think, though, that courts are reluctant to disqualify.  Assuming the issue is solely one of capacity, if there is a separate & independent witness that could be called without disqualifying the attorney, a court might prefer to go that route.
Not much, I admit, but enough for me to stick with my procedures.  :)
Jeffrey D. Winter

Law Office of Jeffrey D.
Winter, P.S.

604 North