[WSBAPT] best way to deed property to heir who is buying out siblings

Maureen Wickert wickertlaw at comcast.net
Tue Mar 17 10:19:13 PDT 2015

As an added two cents to Eric's comments, the certified appraisal also becomes important in the event the Department of Revenue reviews and elects to audit the sales price and collected excise tax on the transaction.

A client came to me about what he believed he received as an heir a distribution of property from an estate.  The estate sold property to a third party on a short term note and the third party defaulted. The heir believed he received the property as his share of the estate, but instead the estate distributed to him the bad promissory note. He was not happy, but luckily, the client and the third party were able to agree to new terms.

Very truly yours,
Maureen A. Wickert, Attorney at Law

       WICKERT LAW OFFICE

14900 Interurban Avenue South, Ste 255
        Tukwila, WA 98168
       Phone: 206-859-5502
         Fax: 206-260-9005
     www.wickertlawoffice.com
       wickertlaw at comcast.net

This electronic message contains information which may be confidential and/or legally privileged. The information is intended for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this transmission is prohibited. If you have received this electronic transmission in error, please notify me by telephone or by email immediately.