[WSBAPT] Divorce, property settlement and estate planning

Paul Neumiller pneumiller at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 16 11:06:49 PDT 2015

Call your local friendly title company and ask to speak with the senior title officer to confirm this.  It is my understanding that having the residence awarded to the husband in a filed divorce decree is all you need to transfer title.  There is no need for a separate conveyance document.  You are done and that is why the husband was able to refinance the residence without having to “clear the title.”  The title was already clear.