[WSBAPT] Dept. of Licensing & Trusts in Wills

Eric Nelsen Eric at sayrelawoffices.com
Mon Jun 22 16:42:43 PDT 2015

Weird. Please post to list.

Sincerely,

Eric

Eric C. Nelsen
SAYRE LAW OFFICES, PLLC
1320 University St
Seattle WA  98101-2837
phone 206-625-0092
fax 206-625-9040

From: wsbapt-bounces at lists.wsbarppt.com [mailto:wsbapt-bounces at lists.wsbarppt.com] On Behalf Of Felicia Value, Attorney at Law
Sent: Monday, June 22, 2015 4:24 PM
To: WSB Listserv
Subject: [WSBAPT] Dept. of Licensing & Trusts in Wills

Hello Colleagues -

I just had a strange experience with the Dept. of Licensing, an agency that I usually find very helpful.

Decedent created a testamentary trust in his Will and left certain real property to the trust.  Included with the real property is a manufactured home.  The DOL would not allow transfer of the MH’s title into the trust, because the trust is in a Will.  As far as they’re concerned (and this got kicked up the ladder),  the “signed trust documents” they require in WAC 308-56A-065 do not include Wills.  I brainstormed with the helpful agent and created an affidavit addressing liability and authority and trustee powers:  no use.  Just no.

I asked if we could do a title elimination as a work around:  no.

Has anyone else hit this wall?  Has DOL never seen a testamentary trust in a Will before?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts -

Felicia Value
Attorney at Law
PO Box 578/116 North Third Street
La Conner, WA 98257
(360) 466-2088
www.skagitprobate.com<http://www.skagitprobate.com>

NOTE: I do not use encrypted email. Messages sent to or
from my office via email are not secure and may not be
protected by attorney client privilege. This email address
is not monitored at all times. If your matter is urgent,
please phone my office during regular business hours.

This email may contain confidential material protected by
attorney/client privilege, and is intended for use solely by the above
referenced recipient. Any review, copying, printing, disclosure,
distribution, or other use by any person or entity is strictly
prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the named recipient, or
believe you have received this email in error, please reply to the
sender and delete the copy you received. Thank you.