[WSBAPT] Health Care DPOA for Minors

Paul Neumiller pneumiller at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 19 16:05:10 PDT 2015

Interesting Situation.  I mountain bike with a large group of people every
week (over 40 people have shown up in the past.  Ages 5 through 74.)  The
owner of the property (deep pockets) where we ride a part of the time is
concerned when a parent drops off a minor to ride with us.  While he has not
asked anyone to sign a release in case anyone gets hurt on his property
(though I have repeatedly advised him to consult with his army of
attorneys), he is concerned that if a minor gets hurt on his property (or,
even off his property), no one can authorize medical treatment in case an
adult has to drive the kid to the hospital (we have had two broken
arms/wrists in the last two months).  Some of the attending adults who know
the kids are willing to be designated under a DPOA for Health Care for a
Minor.

Anyone have an appropriate form under these circumstances?