[WSBAPT] recording

Marcus Fry mfry at lyon-law.com
Mon Jun 8 13:03:51 PDT 2015

As far as I am aware your Auditor is all wet as I have never had a problem and I am not aware of any WAC that requires a 2-step transfer.

However, to smooth things, you should include a photocopy of the Will that shows the establishment of the trust.  Or prepare a Certification of Trust for the trustee to sign.  Also, make sure the grantee reads "John Doe, Trustee of the Jane Doe Testamentary Trust" (can include date it was established if you want).  If you just put to "Trustees of the Jane Doe Testamentary Trust" that could be the problem with the Auditor.

Marcus J. Fry
Lyon, Weigand & Gustafson, P.S.
Adoption Attorney*
P.O. Box 1689
Yakima, Washington  98907
Telephone:  (509) 248-7220
Facsimile:  (509) 575-1883

NOTICES:
 *Adoption Attorney reflects election as a Fellow of the American Academy of Adoption Attorneys, an invitation based organization of 300+ attorneys nationwide, under its criteria of experience, ethics and peer recommendation. Washington's Supreme Court has not yet developed or recognized a credentialing process for specialties, and certification/fellowship is not required to practice law in this state.