[WSBAPT] Good to Go as Creditor

amanda_wilson at olypenlawoffices.com amanda_wilson at olypenlawoffices.com
Mon Jul 20 14:15:42 PDT 2015

Hello~

I have a probate where it was the best course of action to open a probate but not publish notice to creditors. (The reason being that there was a Deed in the name of the decedent that needed to be transferred pursuant to a divorce decree, but otherwise the estate is worth 30K. The estate is to be held in trust for the decedents son until the son turns 25, four years from now. There may be a lot of creditors. Everyone agreed to wait out the two year statute of limitations).

First Question: Am I correct that for creditors we know of, because we are willing to wait out the two year statute of limitations, we have no obligation to notify them of the probate or the death?

Second Question: Good to Go (toll booth) has sent a bill to the deceased and is threatening to send more bills. The date of the toll fee is after the decedent's death, the car has since been sold, and we do not have anyone coming forward saying it was their trip through the toll booth instead of the decedent's. My Personal Representative sent Good to Go a copy of the death certificate and Good to Go sent back a denial of the dispute. My Personal Representative is very bothered by this, but I hate to bring to their attention that we have an open probate. Has anyone dealt with Good to Go who can advise me?

Amanda Wilson

Amanda M. Wilson, esq.

Olympic Peninsula Law Offices, LLC
1240 W. Sims Way #115
Port Townsend, WA 98368

(360)437-4172 office
(206)331-7851 cell phone

"Your words are the greatest power you have. The words you choose and their use establish the life you experience."
 -Sonia Croquette