[WSBAPT] period of limitation omitted spouse claims againts will

Mike Winslow mike at winslegal.com
Thu Jul 16 11:26:37 PDT 2015

You're good, Nelsen.
That's what the Supremes said in 1954.
I just found the supporting case about 15 minutes ago. Estate of Gherra, 44
Wash. 2d 277.
A claim of an omitted spouse is not considered a "contest" of the will, thus
not subject to the usual four month rule, now in effect.
Head Note 5- Any time during pendency of probate prior to final
distribution.

Michael A. Winslow
1204 Cleveland Ave.
Mount Vernon, WA 98273
Ph. 360-336-3321
Em. Mike at winslegal.com

This message is from an attorney, so it's confidential. If you are not the
intended recipient, it's too late to stop reading this message, but you may
not use it for any improper purpose. Huge Disclaimer available upon request.