[WSBAPT] creditor claim

Krista MacLaren kjm.inc at mac.com
Mon Jul 13 22:12:41 PDT 2015

Hi Mates,

I have a client for whom I have done (first time ever) a NonProbate Notice to Creditors.  Her husband died with a fair bit of debt.  They did not own a home.  All of their property was separate via separate property agreement, but he gave her “everything" via his will.  Some of the major creditors have filed claims.  I am thinking I need to tell my client she has to pay the debt from the small pot of money available from a brokerage account he had.  She may wind up with nothing.  Am I missing anything?

Thank you!

Krista MacLaren
Attorney at Law
Northgate Executive Center II
9725 3rd Ave NE, Suite 600
Seattle WA 98115
(206) 523-6116

Please note, as with most email providers, Mac does not encrypt email messages. Accordingly, the confidentiality of messages sent to this address cannot be assured. This e-mail is intended for viewing only by the individual or entity to whom its content is addressed, and it may contain confidential or
privileged information. If you received this email in error, please honor the privacy of the intended recipient: reply to the sender regarding the error and delete the message.