[WSBAPT] Estate Planning for the Rapture

Melinda Grout mkgroutlaw at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 08:39:52 PDT 2015

Its interesting, Heather, that your clients have that interpretation.  I had never encountered the concept until a few years back.  I was working with client who wanted to plan for the Rapture, but their view was that they would be taken and that would be that, so we crafted a different provision for their wills:
I believe that Jesus Christ is God, and that before Jesus Christ returns to Earth as Messiah to set up his kingdom, He will come and gather those who believe in him to himself in heaven.  This “gathering of believers” has been traditionally recognized by many Christians, including me, as the “Rapture.” I believe that if the Rapture occurs prior to my death, then, because I believe in Jesus Christ, I will be joined with Jesus Christ in the Rapture.

 In the event that I suddenly disappear, along with many other people around the world - perhaps as many as one hundred million people or more - under circumstances which suggest that the Rapture has occurred, then in that event I desire to see my assets distributed at that time - rather then waiting for confirmation of my death - according to the terms of this, my Last Will and Testament.

Always something new…

Regards,

Melinda Grout
Law Office of Melinda K Grout, PS
17325 W. Main Street / P.O. Box 1360
Monroe, WA  98272
360-794-4322  / Fax: 425-744-6745

Emphasizing Estate Planning, Probate, and Elder Law
mkgroutlaw.com

NOTE:
1.  This office does not accept service of pleadings or process service by e-mail or fax except with the express prior permission of the intended recipient.
2. This email address is not monitored at all times. If your matter is urgent, please phone my office.
3.  I do not use encrypted email. Messages sent to or from my office via email are not secure.
4.  This email may contain confidential material protected by attorney/client privilege, and is intended for use solely by the above referenced recipient. Any review, copying, printing, disclosure, distribution, or other use is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the named recipient, or may have received this email in error, please reply to sender and delete the copy you received.
5.  This message does not provide any legal advice, imply an attorney-client relationship, and does not contain the signature of the sender or any other party.  You are not a client of this law firm unless you have paid a retainer and signed an attorney/client agreement for representation on a particular matter.