[WSBAPT] Help.

Samuel M. Meyler samuel at meylerlegal.com
Wed Jul 1 19:28:24 PDT 2015

Doug,

You have to look to the definition of "Sale" and what it does NOT include.

"The transfer of an interest in real property merely to secure a debt or the
assignment of a security interest, release of a security interest,
satisfaction of a mortgage, or reconveyance under the terms of a mortgage or
deed of trust."  WAC 458-61A-102(17)(d)(iii).

In fact, no Affidavit is even required.  "Affidavit not required. The real
estate excise tax affidavit is not required nor accepted for the following
transactions including, but not limited to. (d) A mortgage or deed of trust,
satisfaction of mortgage, or reconveyance of a deed of trust."  WAC
458-61A-303(3). (Emphasis added.)

Samuel M. Meyler

Attorney at Law

Mail:  P.O. Box 777 | Redmond, WA 98073-0777

Location:  8201 164th Ave. NE, Suite 200 | Redmond, WA 98052

Tel:  425.881.3680 | Fax:  425.881.1457 | Email:  samuel at meylerlegal.com

NOTICE:

This electronic message contains information which may be Confidential or
Privileged and constitutes an electronic communication within the meaning of
the Electronic Communications Privacy Act 18 USC 2510. The information is
intended to be for the use of the individual or entity named above.  If you
are not the intended recipient, please be aware that any disclosure,
copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information is
prohibited.  If you received this transmission in error, please notify the
sender and delete the copy you received together with any attachments.
Thank you.