[WSBAPT] insuring home without probate

John McCrady j.mccrady at pstitle.com
Wed Jan 7 13:36:42 PST 2015

A title company will usually treat the transaction as a “lack of probate” situation and require the daughter to sign a Lack of Probate Affidavit.  We would use the adjudication as extra evidence of heirship, but would not rely on it as the sole evidence.
Keep in mind also that the Adjudication is not binding on parties not served, nor does it bar creditors.

John McCrady
Counsel
Puget Sound Title Company
5350 Orchard Street West