[WSBAPT] insuring home without probate

Marcia Mellinger macmell at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 6 16:53:44 PST 2015

Dear All, Mother died and had will leaving everything to daughter (only child). Mother was single at her death.

Small estate with modest home in Mother's name, and now daughter is trying to get insurance on property.  Daughter was not going to do a probate, since all accounts were in both names.  Insurance co. says daughter needs to officially transfer title to her name or they will not insure property.  I thought title to real estate vests in heir(s) at death.

Anyone have a work around?  Happy New Year, Marcia