[WSBAPT] Starting probate without death certificate

Elena Garella law at garella.com
Mon Jan 5 11:48:37 PST 2015

My* guess *is that sometime in the distant past, when dinosaurs roamed, an
attorney mistakenly opened a probate for a person who turned out to be
annoyingly alive.  All sorts of hell ensued and it became the subject of
bench banter.  So, to avoid a repeat, a habit was born, in King County, at
least . . .