[WSBAPT] trust situs

Karen E. Boxx kboxx at uw.edu
Thu Feb 26 14:56:12 PST 2015

The 2011 trust legislation did away with the old "principal place of administration" definition.  See the Wash Law Review article by Katie Groblewski and me - there's a section explaining how the new situs section (11.98.005) works.
http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=2340718 (you need to have a SSRN account to download but it's free).

If the trust has a choice of situs or choice of law specified, you'll need to amend that.

karen

Sent from my iPad