[WSBAPT] Estate Planning Attorneys - Mesa or Apache Junction or Tempe, AZ

hhherman2 hhherman2 at comcast.net
Tue Feb 24 22:36:32 PST 2015

Hello,

There is nothing to prevent the husband, after the closing, from quit
claiming his interest in the property to the wife as her sole and separate
property and then she can dispose of the property in any manners she
desires. Such  a transfer would not violate a due on sale clause if there is
one, and there is no excise tax in Arizona. I speak from personal experience
as one who also divides the year between Washington and Arizona. The wife
could further deed the ppty to children reserving a life estate or TOD.
Again no violation of a due on sale clause and no excise tax.

Howard Herman

Herman Herman & Jolley PS

509.220.5810