[WSBAPT] handwriting expert

Douglas Bratt djbratt at mbavancouverlaw.com
Wed Feb 18 18:52:42 PST 2015

And, what is even worse, in my opinion, is that our local County Clerk’s Office (Clark County) has moved away from using the heavy duty devices that can put an embossed seal on a number of pages of documents at one time and has turned, instead, to ink seals, one black in color and one blue in color (used to certify documents). Are other County Clerks doing the same thing?

I will be darned if I can note ANY difference between an original Certified Copy issued by the Clerk’s Office and a color copy of the same document coming off a good color copier.  This is incredibly stupid and makes absolutely no sense, IMHO.  With an embossed seal, all one has to do is feel the paper where the seal has been applied and there is no question that it is an original document.

Best Regards,

Doug Bratt

Douglas J. Bratt
Lawyer

[Envelope scaled Foster]

Office: (360) 213-2040
 Fax: (360) 213-2030

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This email message may contain confidential or privileged information.  If you have received this message by mistake, please do not review, disclose, copy, or distribute the email. Instead, please notify us immediately by replying to this message or telephoning us.  Thank you.

NOTE:  I do not use encrypted email.  Messages sent to or from my office via email are not secure and may not be protected by attorney-client privilege.  This email address is not monitored at all times.  If your matter is urgent, please phone my office during regular business hours.

TAX ADVICE NOTICE: IRS Circular 230 requires us to advise you that, if this communication or any attachment contains any tax advice, the advice is not intended to be used, and cannot be used, for the purpose of avoiding federal tax penalties. A taxpayer may rely on professional advice to avoid federal tax penalties only if the advice is reflected in a comprehensive tax opinion that conforms to stringent requirements. Please contact us if you have any questions about Circular 230 or would like to discuss our preparation of an opinion that conforms to these IRS rules.