[WSBAPT] condo question

jeffrey winter jdwinter at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 3 16:22:59 PST 2015

Martin,

I don't do condo work, but it seems to me that the safer route for you would be to refer them.  You may have inserted yourself in the liability chain by giving the form -- and if the legal has changed all (or was incorrect, for some reason, to begin with) the son may come looking to you for a remedy.  At the very least, perhaps a note to the father saying that you have provided a form for his review, but confirming that you are not representing him as to that matter and recommending he consult with someone who practices condo law to complete the document prior to recording.

I'm paranoid that way, though....

Jeffrey D. Winter

Law Office of Jeffrey D. Winter, P.S.

604 North Main Street