[WSBAPT] Invalid creditor's claim

Josh Grant jgrant at accima.com
Wed Dec 2 11:59:02 PST 2015

You mentioned that “they sent back the claim form we provided”.  I never prepare a creditor’s claim for a creditor!!  I hope you didn’t put in your cover letter that they should return the claim form to you.  If not, then the letter that you won’t be paying because they didn’t file it with the court by the due date should work.  If they file it too late, then reject it.  If on the other hand you suggested to the creditor that they should send the claim form to you, there could be an argument that they did what you suggested and it was implied that you would file the claim form for them and therefore the debt should be paid. This would be particularly true if they sent you the claim form within the 4 months.

Joshua F. Grant, PS
Attorney at Law
P. O. Box 619
Wilbur, WA 99185